DIY You Go Glen Coco Wreath
It’s no secret that Mean Girls and The Glitter in My Tea have a lengthy relationship. (DIY burn book planner here, and Mean Girls gets domestic – here!) And who doesn’t love a Mean Girls DIY? Let alone a holiday DIY mash up?!?
- White faux pine wreath
- Pink spray paint
- Large red or white alphabet stickers OR small wooden alphabet letters
- White or red acrylic paint
- Painter’s tape
- Hot glue + hot glue gun
- Optional: Scissors or X-Acto knife
- Fluff the wreath to the way you like it, then head outside or somewhere well ventilated to spray paint it.
- Spray paint the wreath in short strokes. I went for a more random, gradient look, and not an even color-coverage. Let the wreath dry completely before gluing on the letters.
- Prep your letter. I used large, red, glittery, alphabet sticker, and I cut them off the sticker sheet (NOTE: I didn’t peel them off).
- Whether you use sticker letters, wood letters, foam letters, or what-have-you, the next thing you’ll need to do is use painter’s tape to create diagonal lines to create a candy-cane-esq look to your letters!
- Fill in the areas not covered by tape with either white or red paint (NOTE: Since my letters were red, I used white paint).
Let the paint dry, then carefully remove the tape.
Repeat this step for every letter.
- If you happen to be using sticker letters, use either scissors or an X-Acto knife to cut out the letter from the surrounding sheet. (NOTE: Again, I didn’t peel the letter off the sheet. I keep the sticker letters on its sticker sheet the whole time.)
- Position your letters the way you like them on your wreath, then use dabs of hot glue to secure the letters to the wreath! Be super careful not to burn yourself!
Let the glue cool, and hang your wreath!
Other Posts You’ll Love: DIY Marbled Clay Gift Tags // DIY Wall Crawl Mural Ornaments