I have a really funny story that goes along with this DIY (well it might actually not be super funny, it’s more interesting than funny)! I made this DIY 2(!!) Halloween’s ago, and I made them for a DIY magazine (I forget the name of it now) who wanted me to make an exclusive Halloween-themed DIY. I did the DIY and the how-to, and I emailed it to them like we agreed. But weeks went by before I heard back from them. I followed up with my contact, and again, she never replied. Halloween was quickly approaching, so I emailed them again! And no answer! They like, dropped off the face of the earth!! (And I couldn’t ever find this DIY magazine and check to see if they published my DIy, because it was kinda unheard of and finding it would be really difficult. PLUS I didn’t want to pay ~$30 for a subscription to the magazine.)
So who knows if my work was ever published! I have STILL never heard back from them! But I LOVE this idea so much, so I just had to share it! I couldn’t just let this craft sit on my computer and never share it with the world! So without further adieu, may I introduce you to…
DIY Witch Finger Hooks
- Wooden plaques
- Plastic “practice fingers” (get them at Sally’s)
- False nails
- Acrylic paint – assorted colors
- Hot glue + hot glue gun
- 3M hook kit – just the sticker part
- Put a small dab of hot glue on the nail bed of the practice finger, and apply the false nail. Let the glue dry.
Repeat this step for how many other fingers you plan on using.
- Paint the practice finger green, and the fingernail any color you like (like purple, red, white, orange, etc.)! Let the paint dry.
NOTE: You can even turn these fingers into zombie fingers…if that’s your aesthetic.
- Paint the wooden plaque black (or whatever color you want).
OPTIONAL: Apply a thin layer of glue and sprinkle glitter on top of the plaque.
- Hot glue the base of the practice finger to the plaque. Let the glue dry.
- When you’re ready to hang the hooks on the wall, apply the 3M hook sticker on the back, and press the plaque/hook directly onto a wall.
Other Posts You’ll Love: DIY Manicured Lawn Halloween Costume