I’m soooooooo excited to finally reveal my Halloween costume series in collaboration with Lizzie Darden!!!! Whether you’ve heard of her or not, check out her Insta — this is where I got inspiration from her brilliant puns-turned-reality work, and then I turned them into Halloween costumes!
And today’s punny Halloween costume is “a manicured lawn!” (See Lizzie’s interpretation of it here!)
DIY Manicured Lawn Halloween Costume
- 2 foam poster boards
- Xacto knife
- Artificial grass carpet
- Hot glue + hot glue gun
- Fake flowers
- Baseball cap
- False nails OR a manicure
- Measure out a square of 18 inches by 18 inches on both foam poster boards.
- Use the Xacto knife to cut out both squares.
- Using a Sharpie, trace the foam poster squares onto the back of the artificial grass carpet.
- Cut out the traced squares on the artificial grass carpet using the Xacto knife.
- Apply hot glue to the back of the artificial grass and press it firmly onto the foam poster square. Repeat for the other foam poster square.
- Cut off the flowers from their artificial stems, and glue the blooms onto the “lawns.”
- Measure out a length of ribbon, then cut it in half — these are the straps.
- Flip over a foam poster square. At the top, hot glue one end of a piece of ribbon. Hot glue one end of the other ribbon to the top, about 10 inches away from the first strap.
- Repeat step 8 with the loose ends of the ribbons. Glue them to the other piece of foam poster square.
- Cut off the flowers from their artificial stems, and glue them to the front of the baseball cap.
- Apply fake fingernails to your nails, OR treat yourself to a manicure!
- When you’re ready to be “a manicured lawn,” put the lawn costume over your head, pop on the baseball cap, and flaunt your mani!
Other Post You’ll Love: DIY Snapchat Butterfly Filter Halloween Costume // DIY Magic 8 Ball Pumpkin