My beverage of choice happens to be Diet Dr. Pepper! I drink one (or two) everyday! A little tidbit about me, I actually have never and don’t drink alcohol! So when I’m talking about “dranks,” I’m actually referring to my sodas. *insert laughing emoji face*
But whatever your drank of choice happens to be, either way, beverages COST MOOLA! (I mean, right? I’m dishin’ out $2-$4 everyday for a drink! And I know alcohol happens to cost even more!) So why not save up for a satisfying drank with this drank bank?!
- Air-dry clay
- A straw
- A kitchen knife
- A clean, empty, cylindrical container
- Acrylic paint
- Optional: Scrapbook paper + tape
- Letter stickers
- Anything else you wanna deck out your drank bank with!
- To make the lid: Start by rolling out a large piece of air-dry clay.
- Trace the container into the clay. Use a kitchen knife to cut out the circle A LITTLE BIGGER THAN WHAT YOU TRACED. (Why? The clay shrinks a bit while it’s drying.)
- Use the kitchen knife to cut out a slot that is large enough for a large coin to fit through. Smooth out any rough edges.
- Cut out a smaller circle and smooth out any rough edges. In the very center, draw an “X” (where you insert a straw).
- Cut off a small piece of the straw, and stick it in the center of the “X” you drew.
- Apply this piece to the center of the large circle.
- Cut out a long strip to create the sides of the lid. Apply the long strip around the side of the circle, smooth out any rough edges/seams.
- For best results while your clay is drying, I recommend you set your clay piece on top of another container with a round, smooth surface.
- Once your lid is completely dry, paint the lid white (or whatever color you’d like).
- To make the cup: I used scrapbook paper to cover the outside of my container. I measured how tall and long the paper needed to be to be able to wrap around the container, then I cut it out. If you’d rather work directly on the container’s surface, do that!
- Paint a design on your paper. (I painted a blue ombre “swoosh.”) This is the step where you can paint/decorate however you want!
- Use the letter stickers to spell out “drank bank,” and stick them onto the paper/surface.
- If you used scrapbook paper, wrap the paper around the container and use a few pieces of tape to secure it.
Other Posts You’ll Love: DIY No Sew Faux Fur Backpack Hack // DIY Clay Avocado Jewelry Dish