I was given free product from Oriental Trading in return for this blog post.This review is based strictly on my opinion. I was provided the sample free of product charge by the company to provide my honest review. No other type of compensation was received. All ideas and opinions are my own.
Sometimes thumb drives are just ugly, and sometimes the cute ones are expensive, or aren’t exactly your taste. So when I saw these cute, toy donut trucks on Oriental Trading, I freaked out! I knew that one of those lucky trucks’ destiny was to be turned into a thumb drive!
My favorite part of using my new thumb drive is backing up the truck into the USB port. Tee hee!!!!! It’s like, “donut delivery!” Hahahahah!
DIY Toy Donut Truck Thumb Drive
- Plastic, toy donut truck OR other plastic, toy car/truck
- Thumb drive
- Sharpie pen
- Sturdy scissors
- Super glue
- Start by approximating where you’re going to insert the body of the thumb drive. Hold it on it’s tail end where you’ll drill a few holes, and, using the Sharpie, trace around the thumb drive’s circumference.
- Next, carefully drill two holes inside the circle/rectangle/oval/etc. you just drew.
- Use your sturdy scissors to carefully snip off any remaining plastic.
- If you’re able to, remove the bottom of the toy truck/car. Now insert the thumb drive into the hole you’ve created. *NOTE: It should fit snug.*
NOTE: Make sure the thumb drive is facing the right direction, so that when you go to plug in your new thumb drive, you won’t have to flip the toy truck upside down!
- If you were able to take off the bottom of the truck, squirt a thin line of super glue on the inside of the truck/car where the thumb drive meets top of the hole you made.
If you’re not able to take off the bottom of the truck, squirt a thin line of super glue on the outside of the truck where the thumb drive meets the top of the hole you made.
Let the glue dry over night, or for however long the glue’s directions specify.
- If you removed the bottom of the truck, attach the bottom of the truck again, and…
- …Your new thumb drive is ready for use!
Other Posts You’ll Love: DIY Magnetic Ice Cream Cone Paperclip Dispenser // DIY Stapler in Jell-O Paperweight Inspired By The Office