“Four for Glen Coco. You go, Glen Coco!”
If there’s a list of the best, most quote-able, one-liner movies, there’s no way Mean Girls is not on it.
Okay, but seriously. As a subtle shout out to one of the funniest
high school movies, I present the Burn Book planner. Read on for the
tutorial and for the free printable template! So fetch.
- Pink planner or notebook(I used a Moleskine planner)
- Burn Book free printable template – only available here!
- White card stock
- Black and red Sharpies
- Optional: Q-tips
- Optional: kiss mark stickers
1. Open up the “Burn Book” free printable template. Resize it to fit your planner/notebook if needed, then click “print.” Remember to print the template on white cardstock. That will hold up better under daily wear-and-tear than regular printer paper.
Optional alternative: If you’re a calligraphy expert, copy the letters by hand if you so desire. (That’s what I did.)
2. Cut out the “Burn Book” letters. Apply glue to the back, and stick them to the cover.
Note: I used super glue. I figured it would work better than a glue stick.
3. Here’s the fun part! Grab the black Sharpie, and doodle away! It
takes some time, but it’s fun, I promise. (Think about it: when was the last
time you just doodled on a notebook? High school, probably.) Doodle whatever your soul desire, or use this picture to imitate the real deal.
Tip: To get the appearance of smudges, color the tip of a Q-tip with the black Sharpie, then swab it on the notebook’s surface.
4. Draw the kiss marks with a red Sharpie, or stick some kiss mark stickers on the cover in lieu of free-handin’-it.
This is the most important part. Fill this planner/notebook only with rainbows and smiles, and plans to bake cakes –
none of that mean girl stuff, k?
This project was originally posted on By Dawn Nicole on July 8, 2015. See original post here.