- Party hats
- Chalkboard spray paint
- Pom pom tutorial(see below)
- Hot glue gun
- Something round for tracing
2. Lay out the hat as flat as possible on a drop cloth or newspaper. (Note: I used a piece of tape to secure the hat directly onto the newspaper.)
3. Spray paint the hat with 2-3 coats, letting the coats dry in between.
4. Treat the surface with the chalk, as per directions on the spray paint can.
5. Reassemble the party hats. Use a piece of tape to secure the seams and the elastic strings(inside the hat), if necessary.
6. Optional: Make the pom poms using this tutorial. Make two “flowers” per party hat; glue two flowers together back-to-back. Hot-glue your pom pom to the top of the hat.
7. Time for the fun part! Get creative, and draw whatever your heart desires!
A fun alternative: get a pack of chalk, and let your party guests decorate their own hats!
These hats are perfect – no, seriously: perfect – for any celebration! Birthdays, anniversaries, bachelorette parties, graduation parties, and even baby showers!
…use colored chalk and it’s a whole new ball game!