This is a perfect home-made present for any occasion, but I gave mine to my hubby for Valentine’s Day. It’s a timeline of the major events we’ve had during our relationship, from our courtship to the day we became parents. *Awww* I figured since a picture is worth a thousand words, this would top any card I could write him. It’s like 12,000 words. I mean, try to top that! You can’t.
- Wooden box
- Card stock paper
- Scissors, ruler & pen OR straight-edge cutter
1. Measure your paper so it’ll fit nicely inside the box once it’s folded up.
2. Cut strips of card stock.
3. Fold each strip of paper every other way, like an accordion. Be sure to leave a seam on one end of the strips of paper to glue them all together.
4. Glue the strips of paper together.
5. Crop your photos to fit each folded part of the paper.
6. Glue the photos to the paper.
7. Glue the “accordion” to the bottom of the wooden box.
Unique, thoughtful, home-made!
What I really love about this is that I can add photos to it as time goes along – a photo of our next baby, a picture of our first house…. It’s a gift that keeps on giving!