Note: I originally made these as Super Bowl cupcake toppers, but they’re suitable for any sports teams – your younger brother’s high school football team, your best friend’s softball league, your daughter’s cheerleading squad, anything really. Customize them with the team’s respective colors. Dress it up even more by writing on them. You can write the team’s name, the athlete’s name or things like, “We’re #1!”
Here’s a festive cupcake topper to get you psyched for the Super Bowl tomorrow! I mean, if you were already psyched, get even more psyched with these.
Ribbon – blue and green
Foam paper – orange and blue
Hot glue gun
1. Draw the foam hand on your piece of paper. You can either free hand it or trace it.
2. Cut it out to use it as a stencil.
3. Place your stencil and trace it. Trace two per topper.
4. Cut them all out. To make things faster, I folded the foam in half then cut it out.
5. Put a dab of hot glue on one side of the foam finger, then adhere the lollipop stick.
6. Glue the other side of the finger on.
7. Cut yourself a good sized piece of ribbon – long enough so that you can tie it to the length you want it.